How can I conquer my 100km?
- Go shopping! Why not walk, run or cycle to the supermarket?
- Walk or cycle to work - Bored of walking? Bring a skipping rope!
- Set yourself a stair climb challenge at home
- Swim or canoe those kilometres away
- Walk, jog, hop laps of your garden or living room
- Virtual Ride the Night – check off 50km or all 100km in one night as so many Women V Cancer heroes do on Ride the Night
- Get your buddies involved using video call platforms like Zoom, Whatsapp, facetime and Houseparty
- Rock and roll – pull on some rollerblades and get moving!
£100 for your 100k – you’ve got this!
- Get social - Share the link to your fundraising page on social media with sweaty selfies and live streams on Instagram, Facebook and/or TikTok throughout your challenge.
- Add your fundraising page link to your email signature.
- Claim your fame and contact your local press ahead of the challenge.
- Help prevent cancer by sharing info sheets on symptoms and signs with the people you know.
- Make your page shine. It sounds simple but adding a photo, setting a target and telling your story is proven to significantly increase your fundraising success.
- Sometimes people don’t want to be the first to donate, so get your fundraising page started by self-donating. Research shows that fundraisers who self-donate raise 54% more.
- Encourage interaction and get your supporters to vote on how you reach your 100km!
How your donation makes a difference
All the money you raise is split evenly between the three charities and can make a real difference for people affected by breast, ovarian and cervical cancers.
£30 could buy a bottle of specialist dye to stain cancer cells, so that Ovarian Cancer Action’s researchers can study them with a microscope.
£100 can enable Breast Cancer Now to send out another 1,000 leaflets to GPs to promote breast checking and inform about the signs and symptoms of breast cancer.
£500 will enable Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust to provide a weekend of training to two new Helpline volunteers supporting hundreds of women.
The more money you raise on this challenge, the higher percentage of that money will go directly towards the charities – and the bigger impact you will make in our mission against cancer. Please take a look at our Dream Journal for seasonal fundraising ideas to fuel your inspiration, including ones you can do while social distancing here.
win £220 worth of cycling apparel
We’re delighted to announce that the amazing Stomp the Pedal is supporting Women V Cancer 100k your way with a £220 gift card for our highest individual fundraiser!
The individual participant who raises the highest amount of funds on their 100k your way challenge by Friday 21st August will be sent the voucher to use on Stomp the Pedal’s awesome range of cycling apparel.